More than 40 University of Tennessee Knoxville students (undergraduates and CSP – College Student Personnel), faculty, and Division of Student Life practitioner-educators recently attended the 2018 SACSA Conference in Myrtle Beach, SC (November 3-5, 2018). Below are several highlights from the annual conference.
- Tanisha Jenkins (ELPS Doctoral Candidate; Director, UTK Office of Multicultural Student Life) presided over the 2018 conference serving as SACSA President.
- Luke Sciuilli (Cohort 2019), Aaron Dixon, Karen Boyd, Talisha Adams, Kelly Phillips, Kerri Lovegrove, Abby Grogan, Danny Glassman, Lori Smith, and David Ndiaye presented at the conference.
- Luke Sciulli (Cohort 2019) and Madison Merrifield (Cohort 2019) finished 1st in the Case Study Competition. Each received a $150 award.
- Karis Hill (Cohort 2020) and Olivia Stevens (Cohort 2020) finished 2nd in the Case Study Competition. Each received a $100 award. (There were 13 teams in the case study competition).
- Jheri Wills (Cohort 2019) was the first SACSA Presidential Intern and chaired the Graduate Student Symposium.
- Dorian McCoy was awarded the SACSA/CAS Ted K. Miller Award for Excellence (to recognize outstanding accomplishments in advancing standards of practice and quality assurance in educational programs and services in higher education).
- We had approximately 30 members of the Vol Nation attend dinner Sunday at the Flying Fish. Thanks to Abigail Brumfield for organizing. Tanisha Jenkins hosted a reception in the Presidential Suite after dinner (just for the Vol Nation).
- Chris Ndiritu (Cohort 2018) chaired the Undergraduate Symposium.
- The UT Baskets auctioned for $155. For the second consecutive year, the UT Baskets generated the most dollars for the SACSA Foundation. Basket 1 auctioned for $100 and Basket 2 auctioned for $55. Thanks Karis for “putting together” the baskets.